- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition for the urgent meeting with Saakashvili2009-05-07 17:10
Today opposition leaders campaigned for the meeting with Mikheil Saakashvili to be held as soon as possible - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Yesterday was the hardest day in the process of the political struggle of the opposition; Georgia is really on the threshold of the catastrophe, and the only way out is the immediate meeting of representatives of authorities and opposition," said Irakli Alasania, the Alliance for Georgia leader. He noted that "opposition is ready to this meeting and to consideration of the ways out of this very hard political crisis."
Salome Zourabishvili, the Way of Georgia leader said: "All the incidents have taken place in the recent days witness that the situation in the country is very complicated. Saakashvili must estimate the situation in the sensible way, finally meet the opposition and say us what is the way out of crisis he sees".
Nino Burjanadze, the Democratic Movement-United Georgia leader, pointed that 'opposition was always ready for the meeting with Saakashvili, but only with the demand of his resignation", as, in her view, "the only way out of the complicated political situation in the country is the resignation of the President".
"I personally do not believe in negotiations with Saakashvili and the present-day authorities on any other topic. But if somebody hopes that a dialog on other topics may have some results, I will not keep them from it", Burjanadze underlined.