- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili: Georgia becomes an institutional part of Europe2009-05-08 12:24
Membership in the Eastern Partnership program turns Georgia into an institutional part of the European space, said Mikheil Saakashvili, staying in Prague - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Admission to the program means Georgia gets a chance for setting a free trade regime with the EU, these are new investments into the country, simplified visa regime for Georgian citizens entering the EU countries, the President said. In his view, it is a very important step forward.
Previously Grigol Vashadze, the Foreign Minister of Georgia, staying in Prague as a member of delegation to participate in the EU summit on the Eastern Partnership, stated that Georgia is already negotiating with the EU countries on visa regime simplification, stated.
Georgia will also start negotiations with the EU on the free trade regime as soon as possible., he said and explained that the European Commission members visited the country and presented the corresponding report.
He also mentioned that "Georgia and the EU start synchronization of the national legislations", and simultaneously, in the second half of 2009 negotiations on agreement on associative membership of Georgia in the EU will be started.