- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition cancelled picketing roads2009-05-08 18:10
Georgian opposition cancelled the previously planned action of picketing roads and agreed to have a meeting with David Bakradze, the Speaker of the Parliament, said Salome Zourabishvili [Way of Georgia party leader] after the discussion in Democratic Movement-United Georgia party office.gt-en-newsitem-inside
She underlined that opposition realizes its responsibility for the progress of the events and therefore decided to cancel the picketing of the drives to Tbilisi.
She noted that opposition regards the meeting with the President as the main task, and agreed to negotiate with the Speaker to prepare that meeting.
The group to come to the Speaker includes: Gubaz Sanikidze, Tina Khidasheli, Koka Guntsadze and Viktor Dolidze.
"The task of the group is to prepare the meeting with Mikheil Saakashvili as soon as possible. Another group of opposition representatives will be sent to the meeting with Saakashvili", Zourabishvili said and expressed hope that negotiations with the president will be held right after his return from Prague.
The action of picketing was set for May 8th , opposition decided to stage it on May 6th but adjourned it to 2 days because of the incident with the mutiny. The opposition intended to block all the central highways of Georgia and give Saakashvili 72 hours to resign and call early elections.