- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili proposed opposition to establish a commission to change the Constitution2009-05-12 10:39
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, proposed the opposition to "establish a commission for changing the Constitution to work out the balanced constitutional model of ruling the country," - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Saakashvili, the new model will ‘have place for strong presidential authority, strong Parliament, independent court, and interests of every citizen of Georgia will be protected even more".
He mentioned that the aforesaid will "satisfy all the constitutional demands of a modern European country". Saakashvili also proposed opposition to "make a joint decision and propose the authorities a candidate chairman for the commission for constitution change".
"Let the commission be headed by opposition, let them decide upon the way it works, and we are ready to cooperate and participate", the President claimed. Besides, he, according to his words, proposed opposition to "work together on the court reform and changes in the Electoral Code, and to get important posts in various ministries and agencies".