- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU hailed Saakashvili’s proposals for opposition2009-05-12 14:00
The proposals made by the authorities of Georgia, are important and correspond to the EU recommendations, said Peter Semneby, the EU special envoy to South Caucasus. He said these are the most acute issues.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The President's proposals include 5 points: forming a commission for constitutional changes, joint work on the electoral legislation, on judicial reforms; important posts in state structures and the Board of Trustees of the Georgian Public Broadcaster.
Semneby believes that the readiness of both sides to meet each other half way is required. He stated that the fact of the beginning of the dialog is important; the dialog is the only way out, all the rest will bring no results, some of them are dangerous.
He added that political confrontation must pass to the table of negotiations, and expressed hope that the proposals concerning constitutional changes, the Electoral Code and mass media, will be a good reason for a dialog. Meanwhile, the Georgian opposition regarded the meeting with the President as unsuccessful and plans to declare the nation-wide disobedience.