- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
UN Secretary General to present a report on Georgia2009-05-12 16:38
On May 15 Ban Ki-moon, the UN Secretary General, will present a report with proposals on the renewed mission mandate in Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
After the report the Security Council must adopt a resolution on the new mandate of the mission, responsible for observations in the zone of the Georgian-Abkhazian conflict, said Sergi Kapanaze, the director of the department of international organizations.
Previously Zurab Kachkachishvili, head of the political department of the Foreign Ministry of Georgia, said that Georgia expects no additional complications connected with Russia's chairmanship in the UNSC,[started on May 1st ], as Russia had the right for veto even before - Novosti-Gruzia.
Vitaliy Chourkin, the representative of Russia to the UN, presented journalists the program of the Security Council's work for one month and said that on May 27 consultations of the situation in Georgia are planned.