- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition regards cancellation of parade on May 26 as people’s victory2009-05-14 13:27
The decision of the authorities to renounce the military parade in Tbilisi on the day of Independence opposition leaders regard as "people's victory".gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The authorities had to consider the opinion of the significant majority of the population and community, who reasonably consider it's not about time for conducting military parades", they said - ITAR TASS.
On Tuesday evening the radical opposition leaders claimed they will conduct a civil parade on may 26, and this procession is aimed to be "one of the links in the way to civil disobedience with the demands of Mikheil Saakashvili's resignation".
They mentioned they would not the authorities to hold the military parade on the Day of Independence.
"If the authorities use force, ruin tents and cells in Rustaveli Avenue, and disperse the rally, the people will give them an adequate response", they claimed.