- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili’s moratorium on investigation of delinquencies is illegal2009-05-14 14:35
There is no need in moratorium on delinquencies investigation in the course of the protest actions to decrease tension, believes Sozar Subari, the Public Defender of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He says to normalize the situation punishment of all the guilty, irresponsible to their political views, is needed.
"No citizen of Georgia, and especially the President of Georgia, who must be the guarantor of the Constitution, has no right to declare a moratorium on implementation of law - on agreement or in collusion with political partners or opponents. This action is illegal and anti - constitutional", Subari's statement, issued today, claims. - ITAR TASS.
"This is only typical of authoritarian regimes," the Public Defender said.
"The origin of Georgia's main problem is exactly that the law doesn't work, there is selective judgment and the authorities claim moratorium on law implementation when they consider necessary. Therefore beating up and torturing citizens, encroachment on their property, intimidation, etc have become usual", the statement says.