- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bakradze discussed the initiative of constitutional changes with scholars and experts2009-05-15 09:58
David Bakradze, the Speaker of the Parliament of Georgia, yesterday held a meeting with representatives of academic circles and experts, and discussed with them the President's initiative on holding constitutional changes [voiced by Mikheil Saakashvili in the course of his meeting with opposition leaders, conducted a few days ago].gt-en-newsitem-inside
The meeting was held in the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia. Bakradze underlined that the President's proposal concerned not only opposition but all community as well, and the government wants scientists and specialists to join the discussion.
The Speaker proposed the interlocutors not only discussion of the coming reforms, but also direct participation in the work of the constitutional commission to be established soon.
"We offer representatives of community to join the work of the commission to keep it from turning into a political body", Bakradze said.
The parliamentary opposition agreed to participate in the work of the constitutional commission, representatives of the non-parliamentary opposition rejected the President's proposal.