- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
U.S. regards Georgian authorities’ reaction on opposition’s actions as measured2009-05-15 11:31
The U.S. believe that Georgian authorities' reaction on opposition's protests to be "measured," said Joseph Biden, the U.S. Vice President in the course of his phone conversation with Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The Vice President welcomed the government's "measured response to the ongoing opposition protests and its efforts to engage in a dialogue with the non-parliamentary opposition," Biden's office said. " "He encouraged the government to continue its outreach," they added.
Biden also expressed support for Mikheil Saakashvili's "democratically elected government" and affirmed "unwavering" US support for Georgia's sovereignty and territorial integrity. The Vice President also "underscored the need for Georgia and Russia to exercise restraint and contribute to the stability of Georgia's separatist regions," and mentioned the importance of the work of international organizations, such as OSCE, in the region, the source said.