- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Putin to visit Abkhazia this summer2009-05-15 14:12
Sergey Bagapsh said he invited Vladimir Putin, the PM of Russia to visit Abkhazia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The exact date is still unknown, but when asked the question when the visit may take place - in may or in summer, Sergey Bagapsh, the leader of Abkhazia, answered: "The best time in Abkhazia is summer".
It's worthy noticing that it is going to be the first visit of a Russian leader of such a high rank since the times of Abkhazia's recognition by Moscow.
"I invited Vladimir Vladimirovich to visit the Republic of Abkhazia, the invitation was taken, and we will specify the terms later", Bagapsh said after yesterday's negotiations with Putin in Sochi - RIA Novosti.
"I believe that his arrival in Abkhazia will be a good stimulus for all of us, as the aid the Russian Federation renders us, is very important and significant. We have chosen with whom and how we will build relations in this life", Bagapsh said.
Georgia, in its turn, reacted on the message of the coming Putin's visit to Abkhazia very negatively.
"It will have very serious consequences for the international image of Russia", said Mikheil Machavariani, the First Vice Speaker of the Georgian Parliament. - "Now there policy is that they do not care about anything". He reminded that for the whole world, with exceptions of Nikaragua, Abkhazia is a part of Georgia.