- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania held a meeting with Council on Foreign Relations delegation2009-05-15 16:52
Irakli Alasania, the Alliance for Georgia leader, held a meeting with the U.S. Council on Foreign Relations members - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The sides discussed the issues of strategic partnership of Georgia and the USA, process of Georgia's integration in European and Atlantic structures, and the role of Washington on th background of the events in the country.
"We also discussed the political crisis and explained why do we regard holding early presidential and parliamentary elections as the only way out of the situation ", Alasania claimed.
The 20-person delegation of the Council on Foreign Relations arrived in Georgia on May 13 and will finish its visit on May 15.
The delegation conducts meetings with representatives of governmental circles, NGOs, opposition leaders of Georgia to acquaint the political and political situation in the country.