- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition is preparing for a new meeting with Saakashvili2009-05-15 18:43
Georgian opposition is ready for a new meeting with Mikheil Saakashvili and intends to present him their proposals on driving the country of political crisis - The Vzglyad.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Opposition will present own suggestions as the proposals the President announced, will not be effective ", said Irakli Alasania, the Alliance for Georgia leader.
He said there is a need for steps to eliminate the political crisis.
"Opposition finishes consultations on this aspect, and proposals will soon be presented", Alasania said.
He mentioned some of the actions the opposition expects from the authorities.
"Demolition of repression machine, liberation of mass media from the pressure of the authorities would favor the increase of trust", he said.
The first meeting of Saakashvili and opposition members was held on May 11 and brought opposition no results they expected.
The President proposed to reform the Constitution, electoral system, judicial power, give, appoint opposition members to positions in the government and the Board of Trustees of the Public TV. Opposition also insisted on early presidential elections.