- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili believes that early presidential and parliamentary elections will undermine economy2009-05-18 17:40
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, cannot agree with the demand of the radical opposition and call snap presidential and parliamentary elections, as, according to the Georgian leader, in that case the sum allocated to support economy, will be spent on organization of elections.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the today's meeting with parliamentary majority in his residence in Tsinandali, Saakashvili said that before calling such elections electoral legislation must be changed to let the results of the elections to be acceptable for everyone.
The President believes that the local elections can be called even before the set date.
"Let's adjourn the local elections, sum them up, and presidential and parliamentary elections will be held in their constitutional terms", he suggested.