- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
For the first time Abkhazia hasn’t been called the part of Georgia in the UN Secretary General’s report2009-05-19 10:50
Yesterday Ban Ki-moon, the UN Secretary General, presented the Un Security Council a report on the security in the Caucasus region. The indication of Abkhazia's belonging to Georgia is not mentioned in the title - for the first time, ITAR TASS reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The source in the Permanent Representative office of Russia to the UN confirmed the fact of reception of the "report of the Secretary General, presented in accordance with the Resolutions of the Security Council 1808, 1839 and 1866". "The source noted the considerable difference of the reports: the present-day one and the one issued in February, and mentioned that the regulations of the new report are under analysis, therefore the contents are not commented.
Let us remind that the absence of the report caused suspension of the Geneva Talks. Sergey Shamba, the Foreign Minister of Abkhazia, stated that his country would not participate in the 5th round of the consultations of the situation in Caucasus until the UN Secretary General's report appears. He added that participation of Abkahzia in the discussions would also depend on the the extent the report would "reflect the existing reality".
On Monday Sergey Lavrov, the Foreign Minister of Russia, also announced of suspension of Russia's participation in the Geneva Talks. He called that the absence of the report the violation of the initial conditions, which were to provide the timely work of the 5th round. The Russian delegation proposed to have a pause to May 19th , being informed that the report must appear at night.
The report is planned to be discussed at the UNSC sitting on May 27th .