- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition intends to gather 100 000 participants for May 26th action2009-05-19 14:26
Opposition intends to gather ‘100 000 people for participation in a civil parade with the demand of Saakashvili's resignation, held of May 26", said Zviad Dzidziguri, the Conservative party leader - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"On May 26th we will show the whole world that the people has a great charge of protest against Saakashvili, and that is why we decided to conduct a civil parade in the National Stadium. Different parties and their activists, representatives of districts will be placed in the stadium's sectors ", he said.
"In the National Stadium there are benches for 55 000 people, many standing room in the tribunes and tracks, people will stand on the pitch as well ". "The stadium may seat 100 000 people ", he said in his interview to The Akhali Taoba (New Generation [Tbilisi newspaper ] and expressed confidence that ‘the stadium will be full".
"The peaceful struggle for Saakashvili's resignation will continue to the victorious end", the head of the Conservatives said, though failed to predict how long will the present-day President stay in power.
Today the opposition passed into the stage of active preparation to the civil parade. On May 26, after the rally, opposition supporters will hold a procession to Rustaveli Avenue. Yesterday they said that on May 26 they plan to "elect the representative body of the community - the People's Assembly, which will discuss the issues of both domestic and foreign policy ". The assembly will comprise "respected representatives of community, allotted with the mandate of people's trust".