- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ban Ki-moon proposed to change the format of the UN mission in Georgia and Abkhazia2009-05-20 15:17
Ban Ki-moon, the UN Secretary General presented the imitative to establish a new regime of ensuring security between Georgia and Abkhazia, on the basis of which new tasks and new UN mission mandate in the region can be worked out, states Ban Ki-moon's report to the UNSC - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
For the first time the title of the document there is no allusion to Abkhazia's belonging to Georgia - unlike other Secretary General's reports on the topic. One of the points mentions the UN mission on stabilization, and in fact, it may mean Ban Ki-moon's proposal to change the name of the mission.
He also proposed 11 elements of the new security regime, including establishment of security areas on the ground, in the sea, in the airspace; zones of armament limitations; mechanisms of mutual informing; monitoring from the UN side etc.
According to the report, on the basis of the new regime a new mission mandate must be worked out. The UNSC members will officially consider the report on the joint sitting on May 27. Before June 15th the UN Security Council must adopt a resolution basing on the principle of the Secretary General's proposals mentioned in the report.