- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Guest sitting of the Georgian government is being held in Zugdidi2009-05-20 16:55
The government of Georgia holds another its sitting in Zugdidi; meetings of latest weeks were conducted in Gori and Tsinandeli.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The usual place for weekly sittings of the government is the building of the State Chancellery in Tbilisi, government members were not seen in the building, since opposition started picketing it - Interfax.
The work of the Georgian government is also practically paralyzed: the building is surrounded with mock prison cells. Mikheil Saakashvili, the President, avoids staying in his Tbilisi residence, picketed by opposition. Opposition leaders claim that there has been neither government nor Parliament in Georgia for the second month, and the president is "hiding from the people".
Representatives of the authorities, in their turn, repeatedly stated that they want no extra confrontation with the radical opposition, and therefore meetings of the parliament and government are held in Georgian regions.