- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
One of suspects of Mukhrovani mutiny killed in special operation2009-05-21 10:54
At 1 a.m on Thursday a special operation to detain suspects of Mukhrovani mutiny was conducted in Tbilisi, in a private settlement in Tianeti highway, RIA Novosti reports alluding to Interpressnews.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to eye witnesses, the firing was started by law enforcement representatives, and lasted for 10-15 minutes. The agency adds that Vano Merabishvili, the Interior Minister, examined the place of the special operation at 2:15 a.m., and soon left the territory. Giya Krialashvili was killed; levan Amiridze and Koba Otanadze were wounded and taken to Gudushauri clinical hospital.
The ex-high ranking officials of the Ministry of Defense are wanted since May 5th; 50 000 lari [about 30 000 dollars] was the award for information about each of them. Later the reward for otanadze, also connected with the Mukhrovani mutiny in 2001, was increased 4-fold.
Let us remind that on May 5 2009 the commandment of Mukhrovani [about 13 miles away from Tbilisi ] tank battalion declared insubordination to the authorities; after the 4-hour negotiations [President Mikheil Saakashvili participated] the crew laid down arms. Among the detained: Giya Gvaladze, the ex-commander of Delta special mission unit; Koba Kobaladze , the ex-commander of the National Guard; Mamuka Gorgiashvili, the commander of the mutinous battalion.
The Interior Ministry made a statement and claimed the aim of the mutiny was derangenment of NATO maneuvers in Georgia.