- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
International observers to come to elections in South Ossetia2009-05-21 17:02
International observers will be present at the parliamentary elections in South Ossetia, stated today Dmitri Medoyev, the ambassador of South Ossetia to Russia - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We expect a big official delegation from Russia, including representatives of the State Duma, other authority structures, and also non-governmental organizations. Besides, there will be observers from Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, USA, France, Spain, and other countries", he said and added there were no applications from Georgia.
"We hope that owing to observers we'll manage to inform the world community of the real process of voting, which will be conducted in total compliance with the legislation of the republic", Medoyev said.
"Foreign journalists are invited to the elections, and we are sure that foreign mass media will objectively cover the processes to be held in republic these days," the ambassador added.
88 polls stations will be opened in South Ossetia , 6 will be working in North Ossetia, one in Moscow, he informed and added that the process of electors will soon be finished, according to tentative data, 45 000 people possessing the right to vote, will participate.
The elections to the Parlaiment of South Ossetia of 5th convocation will be held on May 31st. The local Central Electoral Commission allowed for participation : Republican Political Party "Unity"; Communist Party of the Republic of South Ossetia; People's Party of the Republic of South Ossetia; Republican Socialist Party "Fyndybasta" [Fatherland"].