- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU special representative had a talk with opposition2009-05-22 11:00
Yesterday Georgian opposition held another meeting with Peter Semneby, the EU special representative to the South Caucasus, and discussed with him not only the protest actions held in Tbilisi, but also a number of other issues.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Nino Burjanadze, at the meeting plans and actions of the opposition were discussed, as well as the Geneva Talks and the interim report of the UN Secretary General.
Burjanadze told Semenby that the pro-government TV companies for some reason broadcast only the comments of the opposition leaders concerning the protest actions, but do not cover briefings when statements on other important issues are made.
In her view, it is done deliberately, to show the society the opposition wants only shift of power and distribution of posts, and doesn't care about other issues.
At the meeting the sides discussed facts of human rights and property rights violation, in particular withdrawal of cars from opposition supporters, and also the governmental control over mass media.
After the negotiations Peter Semneby stated he still regards as necessary continuation of political process in the form of the dialog , and complying with constitutional and legal principles.