- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tbilisi taxi drivers held a protest action2009-05-22 15:52
Today Tbilisi taxi drivers staged a protest action: at the noon they gathered in Rike Square and marched to Liberty Square in a column.gt-en-newsitem-inside
They demanded to open the roads, currently being blocked with mock prison cells. Shouting sharp accusations addressed to the opposition, turned one cell over, and after that the fight between taxi drivers and activists began.
Drivers accused opposition supporters of starting a fight; opposition, vice versa, accuses taxi drivers.
"We work from morning till evening to bring home some money, and because of the blocked roads terrible traffic jams are all around the city. How long do we have to bear it?" one of the drivers stated indignantly. The incident was settled, all the upturned and moved cells are back on their places.