- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili acquainted himself with the progress of NATO exercise2009-05-25 13:58
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, today visited Vaziani military base [outskirts of Tbilisi] and acquainted himself with the course of the international exercise being held there under the aegis of NATO. Saakashvili assessed the firing training of the military who are being trained to hit the target - The Vzglyad.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Staff and field exercise in Georgia began on May 6th and will last to June 3rd . the participants are: 9 NATO member counties (the USA, Albania, Canada,Croatia, Spain, great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Turkey) and 5 partner countries (Georgia, Ukraine, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Azerbaijan). Over 1000 military servicemen are involved in the exercise.
Cooperative Longbow 09, the first, staff part of the exercise, was finished on May 18th , over 200 military servicemen participated.
The second, field part, Cooperative lancer 09, started on may 21st. It implies the preparation of international forces to peacemaking operations at the battalion level, and will last to June 3rd.