- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliamentary committee on Georgia established in PA NATO2009-05-25 15:58
NATO Parliamentary Committee made a decision to establish NATO-Georgia parliamentary committee, Novosti-Gruzia reports, alluding to the office of the State Minister for European and Atlantic Integration of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Georgi Baramidze, the State Minister [for European and Atlantic Integration of Georgia] is participating in PA NATO session held in Norway, Oslo [May 22-26].
"The Vice Prime Minister presented a speech at the sitting of the political committee, where Georgia-NATO and Russia-NATO relations were discussed. Baramidze touched upon the political situation in Georgia, the process of dialog with opposition, and the proposals made from the side of the authorities, and also aggression from the side of Russia (in August 2008)," the address of the State Minister's office states.
The address underlines that the position of Georgia was supported by the majority of NATO member and partner countries.
In the course of his visit Baramidze will conduct meetings with the Foreign Minister of Norway, the Minister of Defense of Norway, the chairman of the parliamentary committee for defense, with ambassadors of Romania, Canada, and Poland to NATO. Several months ago, in mid September 2008, at the sitting of NATO North Atlantic Council, Georgia-NATO Commission was established.