- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA and the EU called on the government and opposition of Georgia to dialog2009-05-26 10:32
Yesterday the USA and the EU adopted the joint statement with the appeal to the government and opposition of Georgia for dialog. The text of the statement is published on the U.S. department of State site.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The United States and the European Union urge Georgia's government and opposition to end the current stalemate on the streets and begin negotiations immediately and without preconditions on a new program of reforms to invigorate Georgia's democracy", the document claims.
The statement authors call on all the Georgians to obey the laws and the Constitution, avoid violence and respect the right for a peaceful protest.
"The European Union and the United States pledge our full support for all such efforts aimed at strengthening Georgia's democratic freedom and prosperity, and reiterate our unyielding support for Georgia's independence and territorial integrity", the document states.