- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Foreign ambassadors in Georgia called on authorities and opposition to dialog2009-05-27 15:57
Representatives of the diplomatic corps, accredited in Georgia, reiterated the necessity of the dialog between the authorities and the opposition - Novosti-Gruzia. John Tefft, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the USA to Georgia, believes that ambassadors and his European colleagues regard the dialog as the best way out to settle the situation.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He mentioned that the USA and the EU had already expressed their opinion about the events in Georgia in the joint statement - in which they called on the authorities and opposition to stop the confrontation and start negotiations immediately.
Tefft's British counterpart, Dennis Keefe underlined that searching the way out of the situation is possible only with the peaceful means and the means of transparent dialog.
At the same time, Ivan Jestrab, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Czech Republic to Georgia, said that according to the democracy principles, everyone has the right to express their opinion, but it must be done in a peaceful way.
The way out of the existing situation - only in political dialog and negotiations, Western diplomats support all the efforts in this direction, the Czech ambassador said.