- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Zhvania hopes Turkey will impede work of Benetton shop in Sokhumi2009-05-28 10:19
At today's briefing Lasha Zhvania, the Minister of Economic Development of Georgia, said that in telephone talk with the representative of the Turkish State Minister's office he had expressed worry in connection with the decision of the Turkish representative office of Benetton to open a shop in Sokhumi - Business Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Minister, any commercial activity in Abkhazia and South Ossetia is prohibited, as these regions are denoted as "occupied territories" by the Georgian law.
Though the state cannot interfere in the activities of the private industry, Zhvania hopes the Turkish side will take adequate measures to suppress the activities of the Turkish company, contradicting the national interest of Georgia.
A shop of the Turkish representative office of Benetton was opened in Sokhumi. Yesterday four Benetton shops in Tbilisi stopped work for indefinite time as a protest of their partner from Turkey opened the shop of the same brand without accordance with the Georgian side.