- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Vice president of Abkhazia officially declared his resignation2009-05-28 11:51
Raul Khajimba, the Vice-President of Abkhazia, today officially declared his decision to resign - Interfax.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In his official statement the Vice-president explained his decision with disagreement with the methods of the present-day leadership of Abkhazia and their attitude to the opposition forces.
For the first time the information of the coming Khajimba's resignation appeared in Iron Times [Internet portal]: according to this source, the resignation took place in Tuesday. - Kommersant.
The message was proved by a source in the government of Abkhazia: "He [Khajimba], in fact, hasn't participated in the governmental activities for a long time," Kommersant states.
Raul Khajimba, the second person in the state hierarchy of Abkhazia, has remained the opposition leader for all that time.
His election in pair with Sergey Bagapsh in the result of the re-polls in January 2005 was the result of the special agreement in December 2004, with mediation of Russian politicians.
At the first elections held 3 months before, khajimba and Bagapsh were rivals; Khajimba was regarded as the successor of Vladislav Ardzinba, the first President. But Bagapsh won in the first round.
Khajimba and his supporters refused to accept his victory, political confrontation reached the pinnacle, new elections were called, and Khajimba that time was the Vice President candidate, in pair with Bagapsh. The agreement implied granting the Vice-President with authority to manage the foreign ministry, and also law enforcement, security and defense structures.
The experts believe that Khajimba's voluntarily resignation will be a well thought over political step, as this resignation will be made out of desire to sever all the ties with the present-day authorities before the presidential electoral race.