- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
14 UNSC members support territorial integrity of Georgia2009-05-28 13:18
Yesterday, at the closed consultations of the UN Security Council, held in New York, the UN Secretary-General's report, issued on May 18th, was considered; 14 UNSC member countries supported the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Georgia, comments the yesterday's negotiations the Foreign Ministry of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Commenting upon the statement of Vitaliy Churkin, the permanent Representative of Russia to the UN, who said that Georgia continues build-up of military potential near the administrative borders of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, the official Tbilisi called it another piece of misinformation. "The Russian Federation has been using this organization [the UN] from the very outset of its foundation to pursue its own propaganda aims and mislead the international community."
It is already clear to the entire international community that this information is absolutely far from reality. The OSCE and EU Monitoring Missions to Georgia are permanently afforded the opportunity to observe the situation on the adjacent territories to Georgia's occupied regions. Moreover, on 22 May 2009 the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia signed an additional protocol with the EU Monitoring Mission emphasizing once again the Georgian side's respect to the principles of transparency and accountability," the Foreign Ministry underlined.
Speaking of the future of the UN mission in Georgia, the Ministry stated that Tbilisi is for the strong mission with monitoring and police functions, which may establish peace. Law and order, ensure the supremacy of law, protect human rights and in this way to favor Georgia's "deoccupation".