- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition gathered to picket Tbilisi Mayor’s office2009-05-28 14:33
Georgian opposition started picketing Tbilisi Mayor's office.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It is a warning action, which will last for a few hours, but if the authorities again don't react on our actions, the Mayor's office's picket will resume", said Eka Beselia, one of the Movement for United Georgia leaders, to the protesters - RIA Novosti.
The decision to picket the Mayor's office was announced yesterday at the information rally, by People's Party leader, Koba Davitashvili. He said, the action will be a protest against the "impudence" Mayor Gigi Ugulava showed on May 26th.
"When all the people came to the Patriarch, Gigi Ugulava and other government representatives came to the Holy Trinity Cathedral and spoke about something with the Patriarch. I don't think they might threaten the Patriarch, but they might exert pressure on him threatening that in case the people doesn't calm down the authorities would use force", Daviteashvili explained the address of Ilia II the latter made on May 26th .
Opposition also states that representatives of the government and MPs who are afraid to enter the Parliament and the state Chancellery, gather in the Mayor's office building, and declare it to be one more reason for picketing.