- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bagapsh connects Vice President’s resignation with the elections in December2009-05-28 15:22
Sergey Bagapsh, the leader of Abkhazia, cannot rule out that resignation of Raul Khajimba from the vice president's position is connected with the presidential elections coming in December.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I have good relations with Khajimba. He had significant authority and managed important branches. I cannot rule out that his resignation is connected with the elections of the President of Abkhazia to be held in December", Bagapsh said - The Vzglyad.
"This is his right, his choice. The main thing is: all the political forces in the republic must show respect and political correctness to each other in the period of the electoral campaign," the President of Abkhazia said.
He also mentioned that in political struggle profiteering from such questions as the independency of Abkhazia and integration with Russia is inadmissible. The electoral race also must not impede process of the republic restoration and development, Bagapsh said.
According to previous messages, today Raul Khajimba resigned. In his official statement the Vice President explained his decision with disagreement with the methods of the present-day leadership of Abkhazia and their attitude to the opposition forces.
At the same time, he didn't mention whether he would run for President of Abkhazia at the coming elections, and only said that the corresponding statement would be made in the period, implied by the Constitution of Abkhazia. When asked, what he would do after the resignation, Khajimba said he would continue political activities.