- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Italy calls on Georgia to make friends with Russia2009-05-28 17:53
Georgia must conduct good-neighbourly policy in regard to Russia, said Gianfranco Fini, the Speaker of the lower chamber of the Italian parliament after the meeting with Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Fini mentioned that Italian institutions "respect the inviolable principle of the unity of Georgian territories" and expressed friendly liking the Italian people feel towards Georgia.
He also mentioned the importance of developing relations between the EU and Georgia. "Reinforcement of relations between the EU and Georgia is of strategic interest, as stability in that region is not also equitable to the interests of the peoples living there, but also to the common interests", the Speaker of the lower chamber of the Italian parliament said.
"I think, the August conflict demonstrated the Georgians the feelings of friendship and solidarity not only of our people, but also of the entire world community", Fini replied.
Today Saakashvili must also hold a meeting with Franco Frattini, the Foreign Minister of Italy.