- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Authorities and opposition to discuss formation of Constitutional Commission2009-05-29 13:06
Today another meeting of representatives of authorities and opposition aimed to decide the order of formation [number and members] of the state commission on constitutional reform.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We expect reaction from the side of the non-parliamentary opposition. We wait and hope they will join the process and the discussion of the chairman candidates", previously said David Bakradze, the Speaker of the Georgian Parliament - Novosti-Gruzia.
The proposal to establish the Constitutional Commission was voiced by President Mikheil Saakashvili at the meeting with non-parliamentary opposition on May 11.
According to tentative data, the representatives of the parliamentary opposition in the commission will be: Georgi Targamadze, the leader of the Christian Democratic party; Giya Tortladze, the head of Strong Georgia fraction; Paata Davitaya, the Vice-Speaker of the Parliament; and Guram Chakhvadze, the representative of the Naional-Democtratic party in the Parliament.
Last Friday the parliamentary opposition proposed Avtandil Demetrashvili, the ex-chairman of the Constitutional Court of Georgia, as a Commission chairman candidate.
The Commission will presumably include 50-60 people, 15 of them - representatives of Demetrashvili's team. Representatives of international organizations and foreign experts will also participate in the work of the Constitutional Commission.