- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Italy ready to become mediator between Georgia and Russia2009-05-29 14:27
Italy, which has strong ties with both Russia and Georgia, may play a stabilizing role in relations of Moscow and Tbilisi, said yesterday Franco Frattini, the Foreign minister of Italy after the meeting with Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Georgian leader, is staying in Italy with informal visit , in his turn declared the wish of Tbilisi for approximation with Europe.
Georgia is the gate to the central Asia and Caspian region; therefore it is so important for Europe, the Georgian leader said.
He added that Georgia, as well as Ukraine, is in Soviet bloc no longer.
"We are on our way at a time when Europe is so... busy with its own problems it's so hard to hear our knock on the door," the President said, "There's internal noise going on there."
Yesterday Mikheil Saakashvili also held a meeting with Gianfranco Fini, the Speaker of the lower chamber of the Italian parliament, who advised Georgian leadership to conduct "good-neighbourly policy" in regard to Russia.