- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Today is the last day of pre-poll campaign in South Ossetia2009-05-29 18:47
Today is the last day of agitation before the parliamentary elections to be held on May 31st - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Party activists are staging rallies in all the 4 regions of South Ossetia and in the capital, Tskhinval.
Supporters of Unity, the ruling party, gathered in the Central Square of Tskhinval. They are holding white-red-yellow flags of South Ossetia and placards with inscription "Our choice is independency", some are holding and some hung on the houses the portrait of Borus Gryzlov, the Speaker of the lower chamber of Russian parliament, with inscription "Russia - South Ossetia. Together we are invincible!". People are wearing ribbons of South Ossetian flag colours.
Opposition People's Party, which doesn't however protest against the authorities, is conducting a motor race across the streets of the capital. Over 20 cars with alarm signals switched on and with noise of car horns are dashing along the city. White flags with blue inscription "People's Party" and South Ossetian flag hang out of their windows.
Placards of the Communist Party and Fydyrbasta [Fatherland] party are also seen in the streets. Some posters of the People's party have the inscription "Our aim is to make people's life decent. Not only the rich and strong, but also the poor and weak have the right for decent life ".
Today the parties will be able to address TV viewers for the last time.
The parliamentary elections in South Ossetia will be held on May 31st. The 4 parties will strive for 34 places in the Parliament of the republic.