- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
South Ossetia: Georgia failed to impede poll in Leninogori region2009-05-31 16:55
Tbilisi failed to impede conduction elections in the parliament of South Ossetia. In particular, the efforts of the Georgian side to derange the polls in Leninogori region of South Ossetia, failed. According to the Central Electoral Commission of SO, at the noon [Moscow time] the voting turnout counted 30 per cent there -Georgia Times.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The situation in the region is stable. The attendance in settlements Leninogor and Tsinagar is high, despite the attempts of the Georgian authorities to impede conduction the elections", said Merab Khoziyev, the head of Leninogori regional electoral commission.
The high voting turnout of Leninogori region residents [mainly ethnic Georgians] witnesses: they connect their future with independent South Ossetia and support President's Kokoyty course.