- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Voting turnout in the parliamentary elections in South Ossetia exceeded 70 per cent2009-05-31 18:27
According to the data for 4 p.m. [Moscow time] over 70 per cent of voters has already casted their votes in the elections to the parliament of South Ossetia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The turnout in general in the republic amounted 70.33 per cent [at 4 p.m. Moscow time], said Bella Pliyeva, the chairperson of the Central Electoral Commission.
"In Znauri region 64.21 per cent of voters came to polling stations. In Leninogori 49.87per cent cast their votes, in Tskhinval region - 66.50 проц. In Tskhinval - 55.49 per cent . Voting turnout in Dzhava region amounted 91.24per cent, " Bella Pliyeva said. She added that such a high rates and high turnover can be explained by adding data from 7 polling stations, situated in the territory of Russia .
Previously she announced the elections valid as the voting turnover exceeded the 50 per cent threshold.