- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian journalist detained in South Ossetia for illegal activities2009-05-31 19:26
Mari Otarashvili, the correspondent of Georgian The Rezonansi was detained today in Leninogori region by South Ossetian MA employees for illegal activities in the territory of the republic.gt-en-newsitem-inside
She tried to get information about the parliamentary elections in South Ossetia, having no accreditation."In accordance with the acting legislation, the illegal activities of the Georgian correspondent in the territory of South Ossetia was suppressed, Mari Otarashvili was proposed to leave the republic," said Valeriy Valiyev, the Interior Minister of South Ossetia - Res.
Previously Temur Iakobashvili, the Georgian State Minister for Reintegration Issues called the elections being held in South Ossetia unserious.
"What in South Ossetia is called the elections is far from true elections", he said - Interfax.
He also expressed skeptical attitude to the work of international observers in the South Ossetian polls. "We see they bought, at the price I do not know, one or two allegedly observers, possessing foreign passports - people, who represent no-one except themselves ", the State Minister said.
He doubts that "anyone can give any legitimization to unserious actions like these".