- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition removed mock prison cells from Freedom Square2009-06-01 10:37
On Sunday Georgian opposition removed all the cells from Freedom Square, installed several weeks ago, at night traffic was restored.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The only direction still blocked for transport is Rustaveli Avenue, where cells still remain.
Opposition activists were dissembling cells for the whole day, and also cleaned the square of all the garbage.
According to opposition leaders, part of the cells previously placed in Freedom Square, will be brought to the Parliament, and the territory around that building will be surrounded with them.
The rest of cells will be sent to the regions to install a new row of mock prison cells.
In summer cells will be reconstructed and will have a more attractive view.
Previously all the cells were removed from Kostava street, and it caused resentment with opposition supporters: many of the claimed they were sitting inside them for several days in vain.