- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition activist beaten up2009-06-01 11:14
On Sunday evening in Tbilisi one young activist was beaten up. It was Melor Vachnadze, one of the three young men who had been previously accused of beating up a Public TV journalist and detained, and then released on Patriarch's request.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The witnesses claim Vachnadze was attacked by several people in civil clothes, who beat him for no obvious reason.
The incident occurred in Orbeliani Square, not so far from Freedom Square. Witnesses state Vachnadze's attackers arrived in taxi.
Emergency was called, and took the aggrieved to the hospital. The doctor who examined him, said there was no obvious injuries, but further examinations will follow.
In the hospital Melor Vachnadze was visited by Public Defender's envoys and Salome Zourabishvili, the Way of Georgia leader. The latter called on doctors to keep the activist inside, as, according to her words, there were many policemen in the hospital yard.