- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Closing ceremony of NATO exercise to be held today in Georgia2009-06-01 15:40
Today the official closing of the NATO field maneuvers Cooperative Lancer 09, held from May 21st at the battalion level in the framework of Partnership for Peace. The first stage of the maneuvers - Cooperative Longbow 09, the staff part, was held from May 6th to 18th - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The second stage implied training of international forces to peacemaking operations. Up to 1000 servicemen from NATO member and partner countries participated.
Yesterday an accident occurred at the maneuvers: a Canadian serviceman was injured when a grenade simulator exploded in his hand. The soldier was delivered to Gudushari hospital, after the first aid he was taken to the U.S. military base in Germany. Acording to the messages from the Ministry of Healthcare of Georgia, he feels good.
Shota Gvineia, the head of the European affairs department of the Georgian Foreign Ministry called NATO exercise "successful".