- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Minister of Economy participated in the international summit in Turkey2009-06-02 12:43
Lasha Zhvania, the Minister of Economy of Georgia, participated in the Turkey World Trade Bridge-2009 Summit held yesterday in Istanbul.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Ministry of Economic development of Georgia, the topic of the meeting was new perspectives of future cooperation of the global trade.
The participants of the negotiations adopted a joint declaration stating the world economy is ids going through a serious recession. The declaration's authors call on world community to support free trade and investment in less developed countries, as it is the best way to recover the world economy. The document also expresses support to long-term cooperation in implementation of investments, spheres of trade, energy, transport.
In the course of his visit to Turkey Lasha Zhvania held a meeting with Zafer Chaglayan, the State Minister of Foreign Trade of Turkey. The sides discussed the issues of bilateral relations, including the situation with the free trade. Special attention was paid to export of honey and vines from Georgia, and Zhvania called on the Turkish side to revise tariff limits. Issues of expansion of cooperation in transport and construction spheres were also discussed.
Special attention was paid to project of Sarpi customs checkpoint modernization, the implementation of which will increase good turnover 2.5-fold.