- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
UN mission prospects were discussed in Tbilisi2009-06-03 12:52
Prospects of the UN mission in Georgia and of mission mandate prolongation were considered at the meeting of Alexander Nalbandov, the deputy Foreign Minister of Georgia, with Johan Verbeke, the Special Representative of the UN Secretary General.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Ministry, the meeting was held on June 2nd , and was attended by Sergi Kapanadze, the head of the department on international organizations, and his deputy Shalva Tsiskarishvili.
Tentative data state the UNSC will discuss the issue of the UN mission mandate prolongation on June 12th , and will voice the final decision on June 15th. The decision will be made on the basis of the latest report by the UN Secretary General, in which Abkhazia is not denoted as the part of Georgia. This fact caused resentment and protest with Georgian politicians, including even opposition, and was assessed as a concession to Russia.