- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Heidi Tagliavini’s commission starts work in Tbilisi2009-06-03 16:27
The international commission, aimed to reveal reasons of the August war in Caucasus, today starts consultations in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Previously members of the commission, headed by Heidi Tagliavini, conducted meetings in Sokhumi - Trend.
The conclusion will be drawn in approximately 2 months.
In the first line, it must answer the two main questions: who and when waged the August war.
The Foreign Ministry of Georgia expressed hope the Commission will be objective, but some Georgian politicians doubt it.
Giya Tortladze, the Georgian PM stated the Commission includes two overtly pro-Russian members. "Besides, the commission has never visited the conflict area, and without it objective conclusions are hardly possible", he underlined.