- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU called on authorities and opposition to dialog2009-06-04 16:23
Peter Semneby, the EU special envoy in Caucasus, again called on Georgian authorities and protesting opposition to dialog.gt-en-newsitem-inside
To settle the question fundamentally, political parties must have a responsible approach, as it is very important for the future of Georgia, its democratic and economic development, Semneby said after the meeting with opposition representatives.
He also deplored the existing political situation and confrontation in Georgia - Novost-Gruzia.
Semneby reminded of the USA and the EU joint statement, underlining that the both sides - the authorities and the opposition - must make significant steps to the dialog.
The opposition was represented by Irakli Alsania, Georgia's ex-ambassador to the UN, Alliance for Georgia leader; David Usupashvili, the head of the Republican party; Salome Zourabishvili, ex-Foreign Minister and the Way of Georgia leader.
According to the EU envoy, the main topic at the meeting with opposition was Georgia's political future and relations with the EU.