- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Chochiyev: South Ossetia may renounce participation in incident prevention mechanism meetings2009-06-04 17:56
South Ossetia may renounce participation in weekly meetings in the framework of Geneva Talks on mechanisms of joint incident prevention in Caucasus, said Boris Chochiyev, the South Ossetian President's plenipotentiary for post conflict settlement, RosBalt reports alluding to the press service of the Ministry of Press and Mass Communications of South Ossetia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He explained that even now organizational questions which were to be settled at the first meeting are not settled; and the EU and OSCE are not interested in their settlement.
"[The EU and the OSCE] just want to manage the process of meetings. Our position is: Russia and the EU, as Medvedev-Sarkozy agreements authors, must preside; or the rotational system must exist, - Chochiyev believes. - If the issues of chairmanship are not decided by the EU and OSCE till the next meeting, and also if we are not given information on the whereabouts of the three our citizens, one of them underaged, kidnapped by Georgian special service on October 13th , we reserve the right to renounce participation in the meetings ".
"These three citizens were kept for 10 days in locality Meret, which belongs to the zone of the EU monitors' responsibility, and to whom we have many complaints. Not only they failed to record the fact of their staying and conduction of tortures, but also held no works on the fact", Chochiyev said.
He highlighted that initially the South Ossetian side supported these meetings. "Even now we cannot deny they are needed. But now they are being politicized. The mechanism was established to prevent possible incidents, but the EU and the OSCE pursue political objectives more than practical ones which could improve the situation after the Georgian aggression", the President's Plenipotentiary mentioned.