- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition to stage protest actions near sakrebulo and commission on communications2009-06-05 11:09
Today Georgian opposition will stage several protest actions. At yesterday's information rally its leaders said today at 9:30 a.m. the action near Tbilisi's sakrebulo [city assembly] begins.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The similar action was staged there last week, and that time sakrebulo's sitting was cancelled to avoid provocations and clashes with protesters. Opposition regarded it as its victory and stated that Saakashvili's government has no power in Tbilisi.
At 4 p.m. opposition supporters will gather near the National Commission on Communications. At today's sitting the Commission decides upon the satellite broadcasting license for the independent channel Maestro, and the opposition will call on the Commission to make an objective decision and do not be lead by political motives.
At the present moment Maestro is broadcasting as cable TV, only Tbilisi and several other localities can watch it, and satellite broadcasting will widen this area. Maestro and Caucasia are the channels which have been broadcasting opposition protest actions live for all that time.