- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU independent commission started work in South Ossetia2009-06-05 13:12
EU independent mission for investigation of august events in Caucasus started work in South Ossetia, the site of Ministry for press and Mass Communications of South Ossetia informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Representatives of South Ossetia presented the EU delegation information on Georgian aggression and numerous violations of Medvedev-Sarkozy plan, detected in the zone adjacent to the territory of South Ossetia.
In his speech at the meeting with the commission members Boris Chochiyev, the South Ossetian president's Plenipotentiary for the issues of post-conflict settlement, now no-one has doubt that in August 2008 Georgia was the aggressor.
In his view, this point of view was uttered at the Geneva Talks, "and the Georgian people itself recognizes that".
"Besides, Chochiyev added, now Georgia continues arming on the money of Western tax-payers".
He underlined the complicated situation about South Ossetia.
"Georgia continues posting illegally around South Ossetia. Now the number of these illegal posts counts 35. We passed these data to the EU monitors. But violations like illegal posts, kidnapping people from the territory of South Ossetia, remain unnoticed from the side of European monitors", Chochiyev said.
He also mentioned the feelings and impressions many international monitors get, once again prove there are forces behind Georgia, and they encourage the August aggression.
"Starting with August 2008 many international organizations have the main objective: to persuade it was Russia who committed aggression against Georgia. This work goes on even now. Today we are ready to pass you the documents witnessing the facts of Georgian aggression against South Ossetia", Chochiyev said.