- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Minsk doesn’t intend to “bargain” over the issues of recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia2009-06-05 15:11
Belarus will decide upon the issue of recognition of South Ossetia and Abkhazia and will not "sell" its position, stated Alexander Lukashenka, the President of Belarus, in the interview to the editors of known Russian press, the press service of the President informed - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Lukashenka mentioned he was presented conditions; in case Belarus recognizes the two republics, it will be granted USD 500 mln tranche of Russian credit. "That's how it happened - they came and said: if there is Ossetia and Abkhazia there is USD 500 mln", Belarusian leader said.
"We don't want to sale any issues or positions. In our history we never had it and will never have. We'll decide this issue by ourselves. Moreover, we agreed with the Abkhazian leader Sergei Bagapsh, and after that met with Eduard Kokoyty. They have no questions to us. They understand our position", he added.
"All Russian leaders tell me: it has nothing to do with it. If you recognize them - it's good, if you don't recognize them - nevermind. But I know what they expect of Belarus! Firstly, surely, it is not a question for. Recognize or not, now, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow. Comparing with what is happening around Belarus, it's not the most important thing. But we understand that yes, for Russia this recognition wouldn't be unnecessary", Lukashenka said.
The question of recognition of South Ossetia and Abkhazia wasn't included in the spring session of Belarusian parliament, but its leaders say it can be done any moment. President Lukashenka previously mentioned the decision on possibility of recognition will be made by the parliament.