- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Protest action organizers to establish a new political and social movement2009-06-08 10:34
Protest action organizers in Georgia decided to establish a new social land political union which must become the analogue to Solidarnoszcz - Day.Az.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The aim of the new organization: struggle against the authorities in a new format.
Opposition members proposed the Georgian Academy to join. According to Nukri Kantaria, the academy member, Georgia needs own Solidarnoszcz.
"There is really a need for it. It must be the organized force. The main thing is to reveal the leader. The Georgian Academy will support the establishment of such organization", Kantaria believes.
NGOs, in particular, "Former political prisoners for human rights", may also join. According to NGO head Nana Kakabadze, the union must not be political.
"We spoke about the establishment of a people's movements to struggle against all the injustice reigning the country. The union must be not governmental but public, it must have no political direction", Kakabadze underlined.